- You may access some of our services by signing up for a Varten account and providing us with some information such as your account name and a password. This account information will be used to authenticate you when you access Varten services and protect your account from unauthorized access by others.
- We use browser cookies to store encrypted account information to allow the web site to recognize your Varten account. You can reset your browser to refuse all cookies. However, some web site features do not function properly without cookies.
- We use Google App Engine to host the web site and store user data. Like most web sites, App Engine servers automatically record the page requests made when you visit the web site. These server logs typically include your web request, IP address, browser type, browser languages, the date and time of your request.
- We use Google Analytics to analyze anonymous, aggregated traffic data.
- Before or at the time of collecting personal information, we will identify the purposes for which information is being collected.
- We will collect and use of personal information solely with the objective of fulfilling those purposes specified by us and for other compatible purposes, unless we obtain the consent of the individual concerned or as required by law.
- We will only retain personal information as long as necessary for the fulfillment of those purposes.
- We will collect personal information by lawful and fair means and, where appropriate, with the knowledge or consent of the individual concerned.
- Personal data should be relevant to the purposes for which it is to be used, and, to the extent necessary for those purposes, should be accurate, complete, and up-to-date.
- We will protect personal information by reasonable security safeguards against loss or theft, as well as unauthorized access, disclosure, copying, use or modification.
- We will make readily available to customers information about our policies and practices relating to the management of personal information.